Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Homesick

The name of my blog has a special meaning to me that I’m sure is shared by many other Christians.  The home that I refer to in the title is my Heavenly home.  This lifetime and the world that we live in is only a temporary dwelling...we are just passing through.  For those of us that have embraced the Gospel of Jesus Christ, this is an exciting truth.  We long for our eternal destination.  I love to dream about Heaven.  I love the fact that no matter how much I try to visualize this awesome place, my images don’t even come close to the reality of what it will really be like. 
Now here’s the part that will never cease to amaze me...that God’s mercy would allow me to spend even one day with Him in this incredible place, let alone a lifetime!  There is absolutely nothing that I’ve done to deserve this.  The words to the beloved hymn ‘Amazing Grace’ could have been written about me...I am the “wretch” that the song refers to.



I became a believer about 20 years ago (I was about 40 years old).  Without going into the sordid details of my life up until this time, let’s just say that I was immersed in a sinful lifestyle, and it was a lifestyle that I enjoyed very much.  I had no idea of my desperate need of a Savior.  Why the Lord choose to open my eyes to the truth is a mystery. 

To say that I am grateful to God for saving me from dying in my sins is way more than an understatement.  I continue to be blown away by the reality of His amazing grace!

As Christians in this world, we don’t quit sinning.  My lifestyle has changed drastically since I came to Christ, He truly gave me a new heart.  I strive to live a life pleasing to the Lord, but fall sadly short of this goal.  I hate my sin, and long for the time when all of us will give God all the glory He deserves! 

It breaks my heart to know that many people will not know the freedom that comes from surrendering their lives to Him.  In this scary and unpredictable world that we live in,  I can’t even imagine not feeling the security, comfort, joy, and safety of His love.

So on my “Path Leading Home”, I will use the gifts and talents that God has blessed me with while I eagerly await my eternal destination.  I pray that my creative efforts will honor and glorify Him.

If you have been led to this blog post, and if you haven’t yet repented and put your trust in Jesus Christ, please don’t wait any longer.  See websites below.



One last thing...there is an excellent book called ‘Heaven’ written by Randy Alcorn, that is a must read for everyone...trust me, you will love this book!         http://www.epm.org/store/product/heaven/

Blessing To All,
Jane  <><

http://www.areyouagoodperson.org/
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/10principles.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!