Monday, February 6, 2012

Scrabble Photo Cards DIY

Hello again...Hope you all had a great weekend!  Today I thought I would share with you a fun photo card idea.  These cards will bring a smile to your loved ones (especially your “Words With Friends” partners)!

All you need is a Scrabble board game, a camera, and your imagination.

I start by making a list of words that are associated with the theme I’m going with (birthday, love, wedding, etc.).  Now find an area to set up near a window so you get that pretty natural light, and start placing the Scrabble tiles on the board.  I like to start with a big word first and work off of that.  It takes some time to get the words to work together, but that’s the fun part of the project!  I then take the wooden Scrabble tile holder, and put the theme word or words in it, and place it somewhere in the front part of the game.

Now get your camera and go to it!  Try shooting at many different angles to get just the right shot.

Here are some examples of the cards I have made. 
DSC_4621 blog
DSC_4661 blog
DSC_4691 blog
S-009 blog
Please feel free to use my tile designs if you don’t want to take the time to figure it all out.  However, I encourage you to use your own designs too...it’s so much fun to personalize the words to fit a special occasion or a certain person.  My Mom and I worked together on some of them last week...we got silly and giggled like we always do.

I print my own cards on my inkjet printer, but if you have your photos printed at a photo lab, just use double-sided tape to adhere the photo to a piece of cardstock paper.  You may even want to put the photo in a frame instead...what a cute gift that would be!

Until next time...

Soli Deo Gloria,

Jane  <><

“The Lord lives, and blessed be my Rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation…” 
Psalm 18:46

3 comments:

  1. i love these. such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! The managers at the business I work for made a picture for the owner of our company using scrabble games it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love it!
    Be blessed Jane!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!