Tuesday, June 11, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 11

Designing with words, or “typography” is very popular right now.  There are so many different styles that you can see on Pinterest.  I’ve been wanting to give it a try for quite some time – it can’t be that difficult, right?  Just arrange some words together using different fonts.  Here are 3 things that I learned from my first attempt at Typography…

- It’s not as simple as I thought it would be
- It takes a looooong time
- I love doing it, and I want to do more!

So, here is my first typography project (done in Photoshop Elements)…

Jesus

I decided to put together different names for Jesus.  I added my own flourishes to the “L” and “D” in Lord to fill the space.  The capital L was a happy accident the way the swoop made a fish, so I added a cross to it.

…and that is my creation for the day!

Until Tomorrow,

“For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him a name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”.   Philippians 2:9-11

In His Name,
Jane  <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!