Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 Days Of Creativity...Day 2

I love listening to the old hymns.  The words are so incredibly inspiring and glorifying to God.  As I was listening to hymns today on my iPod, as often happens, one of them seemed to speak to me.  The song is called “My Jesus, I Love Thee”, written by Will­iam R. Fea­ther­ston in 1864.

I decided to take some of these beautiful words and put them on a watercolor wash.  Here is what I came up with…

If ever I loved Thee.

The fonts that I used are called “Honeymoon”, and “Scriptina”.

If you would like to read more about the origin of this hymn, you can go to this link.  It’s a beautiful story.

Hope you are having a wonderfully inspiring day!

Maranatha,

Jane  <><

BTW…Yesterday I misquoted Max Lucado.  The correct quote is “We live in an art gallery of Devine creativity” (love this quote :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!