Friday, June 28, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 26

I bought a few old cameras at the thrift shop a few weeks ago.  They aren’t really old enough to be considered collectable yet.  That’s probably why I only had to pay $1.50 each for them.  I had one similar to this in the early ‘70’s.
 
DSC_9419 copy
 
I decided to spray paint one of them glossy white. Before I did that I put some masking tape over the lens and viewfinder (see above picture).  After it was painted I took the tape off, and wrote “smile” on it with a Sharpie marker…
 
DSC_9751 copy
 
I thought this would make a cute photo/message holder.  The wire that I used to do this is a 12 gauge aluminum jewelry wire that I got at Michael’s.  I really like this wire – it comes in several different colors, and it’s easy to bend.  It also doesn’t tarnish like other wire I've tried from the hardware store.
 
DSC_9742 copy
Next, I bent the wire.  There are many different ways you can bend it – I decided that I wanted it to hold two photos, so I bent mine with two loops. 
DSC_9750 copy
 
I also bent the base of the wire into a circle that fits the mechanism on the camera that was used to attach a flashcube (remember flashcubes?)  A little glue will hold it in place.
 
DSC_9759 copy 
 
And that’s it!  I like how it turned out.  It’s my Mom’s birthday today, so I put in a photo of my Mom and me, and a birthday note.  I know my Mom reads my blog every day, so I want to say a special Happy Birthday to her!  Thank you for being my biggest fan Mom…your support means everything to me.  I love you so very much, and I couldn’t ask for a better mother!
 
DSC_9783 copy
 
Until tomorrow…
 
“How kind the Lord is!  How good He is!  So merciful, this God of ours!”  Psalm 116:5
 
In His Mercy and Kindness,
Jane  <><


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4434901/?claim=ta26c5htjm4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!