Saturday, June 8, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 8

Today I had a lot of fun decorating light switch covers.  If you would like to try this, here are some tips…
 
I used new plastic white covers – these are very inexpensive, and you can get them at any home improvement store.
 
I cleaned them with glass cleaner so that I had a clean, oil free surface to work on.
 
Depending on the surface, you may be able to draw your design on first with pencil.  If it’s a glossy finish, you will have to be brave, and just dive in with the markers.
 
Now just start doodling.  I use Sharpie Markers in all different colors.  I like the look of a black outline.  If you want this look, do the inside colors first, then outline in black.  Don’t forget to color the screws too.  Remember, Sharpies are permanent, so once the color is down, it’s a done deal.
 
I made this one to go in my studio…
 
DSC_9191 copy
 
Butterflies for Hailey (does it look odd to have that upside-down butterfly?)…
 
DSC_9183 copy
 
A whimsical doodle flower (this one took awhile)…
 
DSC_9186 copy
 
And that’s it!  Think of all the fun designs, words, names, etc. that you could do.  I plan on doing a lot more of these.  Maybe I will put some in my Fall Sale  Smile
 
 
Until tomorrow…
 
For the Lord Most High is awesome, He is the great King of all the earth.   Psalm 47:2
 
Maranatha,
Jane  <><
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!